The Prince’s Charities Australia
The Prince’s Charities Australia supports the development and delivery of innovative, high impact projects that align with the charitable interests of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
These support Australian communities he has connected with for over 50 years.
Established as an independent, not-for-profit organisation in Australia in 2013, The Prince’s Charities Australia is a member of The Prince of Wales’ global charity network, collectively operating in 38 countries across the globe. Governed by a Board of outstanding Australian business, philanthropic and community leaders, The Prince’s Charities Australia is led by Chairman Tony Beddison AO and Chief Executive Janine Kirk AM. His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales is President of The Prince’s Charities Australia and is actively involved with its charitable program.
At the heart of our work is fostering valuable relationships with and between Australian business and the not-for-profit sector to enable evidence-based programs to be delivered efficiently and effectively at a local and national level.
Our key focus areas include programs that:
• Engage with remote Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander communities;
• Support communities impacted by trauma such as war/terrorism and natural disasters;
• Promote sustainable urbanism and retention of traditional arts and trade skills;
• Develop economic and social resilience throughout rural and regional Australia;
• Provide disadvantaged youth with a future; and
• Support Defence members and their families.
Our work involves identifying or creating programs to address specific social challenges, brokering partner relationships, as well as providing financial support to our partnership programs.